What could be the problem with this INSERT with ADO parameters?

Trying to debug a procedure that writes data to an Interbase database.
I am using an Intersolve ODBC driver and ADO in Excel VBA.
This is done in a loop and I used to do this without parametrized queries and I am now doing this
with parameters, but sofar no success yet.

This is the simplified code where arr is a variant array made by assigning an Excel *** range to that array.
EntryIDArray and EncounterEntryIDArray are 1-D Long arrays.

2100 strSQL8 = "INSERT INTO " & _
"ENTRY(ENTRY_ID, ADDED_BY, UPDATED_BY, " & _
"READ_CODE, TERM_ID, ENCOUNTER_ID, " & _
"SECURE_TYPE, ADDED_DATE, UPDATED_DATE, " & _
"FREE_TEXT, DORMANT_FLAG, ENTRY_TYPE, " & _
"START_DATE, END_DATE, PROBLEM_ID, " & _
"ENTRY_FLAGS, PATIENT_ID, " & _
"SUBJECT_TYPE, TERM_TEXT) " & _
"VALUES(?, ?, " & lLoggedInUser & ", " & _
"?, ?, ?, 1, " & lCurrentDate & ", " & lCurrentDate & ", " & _
lCurrentDate & ", 0, ?, '', ?, 'M', ?)"

2120 Set cmdADO8 = New ADODB.Command

2130 With cmdADO8
2140 Set .ActiveConnection = ADOConn