Re: pooled connections and the statechangeevent

Brian wrote:
I have an asp.net application that uses pooled connections.

some of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours -
always a recommended practice) , but this is a classic ADO newsgroup.
ADO.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ADO so, while you may
be lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can
suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet.

So, there
may be connections that exist even after my particular use of the
connection object is disposed.

If, for some reason a pooled connection is not used in a long enough
period of time that the database closes the connection, does the
pooling connection manager monitor the statechangeevent and remove
this connection from the pool (or automatically re-establish it)?
Or...do I need to worry about having dead connections from the
connection pool?

There is no need to worry about it. Closed connections are not retained
in the pool. Typically connections are closed by the pool manager long
before the database manager.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

  • RE: VBscript Error on SBS2k3
    ... double confirm if your router and client computer does not have incoming ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... |