Re: rdoResultset

Hmm, this seems to apply to a different thread ...

Mark J. McGinty wrote:
You might also try analyzing the XML differences and correcting them
at that level.

-Mark

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01501@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
MarcOS wrote:
Hi,

How can I pass a rdoResultset from an old database to an SQL 2005?

Can I desconect the rdoResultset from the old database, and then
connect it to the SQL 2005 in order to create or update a table with
the rdoResultset data?

No. You have to insert the records into the new database via one of
the following techniques (in order of preference):

1. SQL 2005 has builtin import functionality - look up SQL Server
Integration Services (SSIS) either in BOL or using google or post to
a sql server newsgroup if you wish to pursue this route, which is the
one I recommend

2. You can still use BCP with SQL 2005 if that's relevant

3. using a parameterized sql insert statement executed via an ADO
(this IS and ADO newsgroup ... <grin>) Command object passing the
parameter
values from the rdo recordset

4. Opening an ADO recordset on the table in the new database using
adLockOptimisticBatch, disconnecting it, updating it with the data in
the rdo recordset, reconnecting it and calling the UpdateBatch method

4. Opening a recordset on the table in the new database and updating
it with the data from the rdo recordset.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

.