Re: Trouble recreating ADO recordset from XML
- From: muybluie@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2021 10:31:51 -0700
Sorry - hope this clarifies.
I use rst->Save to persist the data into a _Stream object. I then
send the stream over COM.
On the other side, I take the stream received, and use
_Stream::WriteText in order to take the buffer received over COM and
write it into the new stream.
Finally, I use Recordset::Open with the stream, an empty connection
(retrieved from the GetActiveConnection method of the recordset
pointer, which should be an empty connection), adOpenDynamic for
cursor type, adLockbatchOptimistic for the lock tyoe, and adCmdFile as
This works on most machines, but doesn't on a certain group.
The exception I get when trying to look in the recordset has no
description (the string seems to be empty), and the HRESULT is S_OK,
making debugging this all the more difficult.
- Prev by Date: Re: Retrieving a BigInt out parameter from a Stored Procedure
- Next by Date: Re: Retrieving a BigInt out parameter from a Stored Procedure
- Previous by thread: Re: Trouble recreating ADO recordset from XML
- Next by thread: Re: Trouble recreating ADO recordset from XML