RE: BAM

Thanks, wonderfull articles, I managed to have data in BAM, however, the
"Alert" button is greyed out.
How can I activate it?

In the several docs, I read, I didn't find where schema and SSIS packages
are described?
Thanks again

""WenJun Zhang[msft]"" wrote:

Hi Salam,

For the 1st question, my understanding is currently SSIS and BAM tools must
be installed on the same machine. I've seen a fromer case that a customer
has a multi server environment. He need to make the BAM features available
on all 5 servers, so he should install SSIS and SSNS on all the 5 servers.

Please also refer to Richard Seroter's blog about BAM deployment at below.

Production-Ready BAM Security and Deployment
http://seroter.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/production-ready-bam-security-and-de
ployment/

For the 2nd question, have you opened the BAMPrimaryImport database to
check if there is any corresponding activities tracked in it?

The only decent tutorial of BAM I know is the one included BizTalk Server
2006 Tutorials.

Tutorial 5: Business Activity Monitoring

And some references:

Implementing BAM Solutions

Whitepaper: BizTalk Server 2006 Business Activity Monitoring
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/biztalk/2006/bts2006_bamwp.mspx

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,

WenJun Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at: