From: =?Utf-8?B?TWlsYW4gQm9iZGU=?= <Milan Bobde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Deploying BizTalk 2006 MSI: Configuration file issue
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2021 15:55:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

Hi,
Situation:
My BizTalk solution had BizTalk components along with some Dll's. I also
have a config file used by Dll's. I have added it as one of the resource.
The
destination path for this resource file is
"%BTAD_InstallDir%\My.ConfigFile.xml".

Question: how can I know the path where this application is installed? I
need that path to access that configuration file. So, basically while
creating my Dll's, I need a way to reach the My.ConfigFile.xml destination
path without hard coding it.

Thanks in Advance,
Milan

  • RE: Deploying BizTalk 2006 MSI: Configuration file issue
    ... My BizTalk solution has a configuration file. ... Myconfig.XML lands up is driven by where the user installs it. ... My BizTalk solution had BizTalk components along with some Dll's. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: BTS2006: seperate configuration for aplications
    ... The concept of configuration file is from .NET and not from BizTalk. ... Even though you have multiple applications deployed App1,App2,App3 etc they all run under the same BizTalk process BtsNtSvc.exe. ... I need to get different connectionString with SAME connectionName from each ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Cant Read Values From BTSNTSvc.exe.config
    ... As far as I know the '\' is an escape character and needs to be escaped ... will work in the configuration file though. ... I'm using BizTalk Server 2004. ... (and wouldn't I get an error in the event log if that was the issue?). ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)