From: =?Utf-8?B?R2Fu?= <Gan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: deploying (upgrading) BizTalk solutions
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2021 13:06:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

Doug,

I have a question on MSI deployment of Biztalk Application in Biztalk 2006.
In Biztalk 2004 when we used the BTSInstaller we can set the "Install"
path
in the proprties of the BTSInstaller Project.
But in Biztalk 2006 we use "Biztalk Admin Console" for creating the MSI
and
there is no place where we can set the "Target Install Path".

Is there any way to set the "Target Install Path" in Biztalk 2006 so that
th person installing doesnt have to select the path manually for each
installation.

You help on this would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks and Regards,
Gan

"Doug Girard [MSFT]" wrote:

Everytime you update a same-named BizTalk assembly, you'll need to
restart
all of the host instances which it runs on for the change to take
effect.
This is just how the .NET runtime works. It maintains a cache in memory
and runs off of this working copy. You'll need to restart the host
instances for them to pick up the new copy from the GAC.

If you're interested in finding out more about application deployment
and
upgrade in BizTalk Server 2006, we've just released a whitepaper on the
subject which should assist. You can download "BizTalk Server 2006:
Understanding Application Deployment and Upgrade" from:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/3/b/53b9f43a-66e2-4b89-aca6-2577e71
512f7/UnderstandBTSAppDepl.doc

Hopefully this helps to demystify the requirements of application
deployments and upgrades.

HTH,
Doug Girard [MSFT]

Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no
rights.