RE: Target Install Path for MSI deployment of Biztalk App. in BTS 2006

One option is to hard-code the DestinationLocation for all application
resources that belong to the MSI. On installation, these artifacts will be
placed in this designated directory
("C:\DirName\ResourceFileName.extension" as opposed to the default
"%BTAD_InstallDir%\filename.extension").

Another approach would be to create a batch file along with the MSI which
executes the MSI (many customers are doing this for various reasons). From
the batch file, you can call:
msiexec.exe /i msifilename /qn targetdir="E:\DirectoryName"
All the user would have to do is double-click the script. This option also
allows you to run commands after MSIEXEC, such as applying new bindings,
starting ports, etc.

HTH,
Doug Girard [MSFT]

Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.