Domain/workgroup Server Configuration Issues

We have an architecture with a BT 2006 server and 3 CS 2007 servers in a
workgroup (CS 2007 cannot be on a domain controller and we don't have spare
machines for that) separated from a SQL cluster that is on a domain. When I
try to configure the Enterprise SSO with the db on the cluster I receive the
following error:
"The SQL Server 'x.x.x.x' cannot be used with the SSO Administrator account
'SSO Administrators'. Local accounts cannot be used with the clustered SQL
Servers"

When I try to configure the Enterprise Single Sign-On Service account, I
receive the following error when specifying the domain account from the SQL
cluster (I have tried using both local and domain accounts):
"Failed to validate the service logon information for account:
domain\biztalkuser (SSO) Additional information: (0x80070534) No mapping
between account names and security IDs was done. (Win32) <Exception
Message="The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is
invalid for the account name specified." Source="ConfigHelper" HelpID="HelpIdValidateServiceLogon"/>
(SSO)"

CS 2007 interacts with the dbs fine in this configuration. Is there a good
solution that doesn't require the BT/CS group to be on a domain? Or should
we consider moving the BT server to the domain with the SQL boxes? I'm open
to suggestions.

  • Problem: SQL Server 2005 Setup requires administrator permissions on every cluster node
    ... TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Setup ... update permissions for the account ... administrator permissions on every cluster node, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: I Surrender.....Help?
    ... Name resolution is critical to cluster ... Verify the Edition of SQL you are installing. ... Install the SQL client tools only on your primary install node. ... account is a domain account with local admin rights on each node. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: Changing SQL Domain Account
    ... Enterprise Manager lets you change the SQL service account directly. ... setup a new Win_2003/SQL_2005 cluster with the new account so my guess it ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: SQL Server service account password change
    ... change the password of the SQL service account using the Domain Users ... All cluster host nodes must be up and running. ... Server Service and SQL Server Agent Service account passwords. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Issues creating a new failover cluster on the same server
    ... G:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1 ... CHNSQL04 Cluster Group ... Drives: H and F ... Group, the MS DTC Group, and each of the SQL Server Instance Groups running ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)