RE: DTC - BizTalk 2006 and Sql Server 2005 (urgent)

I would consult the muli-server installation guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B273269C-97E0-411D-
8849-5A8070698E4A&displaylang=en

It has information on how to install DTC on all machines. An excerpt:

By default, network Distributed Transaction Coordinator (DTC) access and
network COM+ access are disabled on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with
Service Pack 1. Before installing and configuring BizTalk Server 2006 in a
multiple computer environment, you must enable network DTC access and
network COM+ access on all computers where you will install BizTalk Server.
Enable network DTC access and network COM+ access on Windows Server 2003
1. Click Start, point to Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove
Programs.
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Select Application Server, and then click Details.
4. Select Enable network DTC access and Enable network COM+ access, and
then click OK.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. Stop and then restart the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service.
8. Stop and then restart Microsoft SQL Server and the other resource
manager services that participate in the distributed transaction, such as
Microsoft Message Queuing.
All BizTalk servers and SQL servers in a group must have the same remote
procedure call (RPC) authentication level applied. The DTC proxy may not
correctly authenticate DTC when the computers are running on different
operating systems, joined to workgroups, or are in different domains that
do not trust each other. For more information, see
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54805.
You must open the required ports for DTC and RPC if you have a firewall.
For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=61914.
To ensure that the DTC settings are correct use the following DTC testing
tools:
* DTC Tester. Available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=61913
* DTC Ping. Available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=61915.

And once installed, how to set the desired transaction settings, for
example:

Right-click My Computer, select Properties, and then click Properties.
Select the MSDTC tab, and then click Security Configuration.
In the Security Settings pane, select the appropriate options such as
Network DTC Access, Allow Remote Clients, etc.
Click OK.
In the DTC Console Message dialog box, click Yes to restart DTC.
In the DTC Console Message dialog box, click OK to acknowledge that DTC has
been restarted.

DTC must be enabled and running with the correct settings on all BizTalk
boxes AND on SQL Server. This multi-server guide should assist.

HTH,
Doug Girard [MSFT]

Note: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.