Re: Terminate Active Service Instance...

for this Service Instance it always said "Pending = 1" on confirmation
and didn't terminate the instance...that's the reason I was looking for
workarounds...anyway removing the assembly from GAC solved.

Thanks,
Kiran Pabba

  • Re: Thread Abort
    ... The only way to abruptly terminate a thread is by calling Win32's API ... BUT there is no valid reason to call it from managed code ... >> there should be no reason why you cannot abort a suspended thread, ...
  • Re: Thread within a thread
    ... But whether it makes "good design sense" for YOUR purposes depends ... some such task and you will terminate the application when you are ... your job to 'clean up' after the thread by joining it. ... so there's no rational reason to wait for it. ...
    (comp.programming.threads)
  • Re: PyGUI as a standard GUI API for Python?
    ... There are lots of references to PyGTK classes in there. ... removing them:) ... and the pyjamas ui.HTMLclass is based on a Qt.QLabel. ... then there's a fair good reason to continue. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Mail Receipt Notification?
    ... confirmation when one of their emails has ben opened. ... virtually every email client that even attempts to do things properly. ... All the more reason (as if there ... Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: More abusive treatment by U.S. military of captives
    ... but where's the "confirmation" you speak of. ... For some reason this whole affair reminds me of the still circulating theories that FDR "knew" of the impending Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor but did nothing because he needed a reason to convince the American public that going to war was necessary. ... Its' just like the whole "Dick Cheney" is ... Obama vote for it? ...
    (rec.boats)