Re: SOAP.ClientConnectionTimeout

Pabba,

I get timeout error when I try to send a request to SOAP adapter
synchronously and I set timeout value(in milliseconds, varying between
200 to 900 seconds) to my outbound message explicity in the message
assignment shape before sending the request. But everytime I get
timeout error varying between SOAPException and WebException.

Full Exception text is as below:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port
"IPG.FinancialData.CommonObjects.InvokeCommonWSSendPort" with URL
"http://bizTalkServer/webservice.dev/Service.asmx";. It will be
retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port.
Details:"SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --->
Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the
operation or the server is not responding.
The statement has been terminated.
"
My webservice request message assignment is as below:

WSReqMsg(SOAP.ClientConnectionTimeout) = 20000;
WSReqMsg(HTTP.RequestTimeout) = 20000;

I see a number of postings related to this issue and every posting
outcome is to set the SOAP.ClientConnectionTimeout value but this is
not refelcting/working, what could be going wrong?

I'm not quite I understand what the problem is. You shouldn't need the
second option (HTTP.RequestTimeout), as the HTTP adapter is not involved at
all when invoking a webservice from biztalk. One thing to watch out for,
though, is to make sure that you disable retries in the send port
(Retries=0) if you don't want your orchestration to wait until all retries
are done before really presenting the error (your orchestration won't get a
delivery notification exception until all retries have been done).

I did write a little bit about what the SOAP.ClientConnectionTimeout option
actually does on my weblog
http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/2005/07/17/WebServiceCallTimeoutInBizTalk.aspx.

--
Tomas Restrepo
tomasr@xxxxxxxx

  • VIA SATA Raid needs a long time to recover from suspend
    ... Then if there was an IO request made immediately after resuming, ... Changing the timeout resolved this. ... finally did clear) it would timeout and fail. ... It seemed the kernel ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Problems with the block-layer timeouts
    ... clear a idea of when the timeout period should begin. ... Each request has its own timer, and as it is added to the queue, we ... What the driver chooses to do with the ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Big Uploads with IIS 6.0
    ... I've already posted this question on the IIS forum, ... I have an ASP.NET application that does big uploads on ... upload fails randomly (as if the server had given up on the request). ... timeout in the web.config file, ...
  • Problems with the block-layer timeouts
    ... clear a idea of when the timeout period should begin. ... Each request has its own timer, and as it is added to the queue, we ... Requeuing ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • SOAP.ClientConnectionTimeout
    ... I get timeout error when I try to send a request to SOAP adapter ... synchronously and I set timeout value(in milliseconds, ... timeout error varying between SOAPException and WebException. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)

Quantcast