RE: Sharepoint date problem

The adapter is not touching the message body. It doesn't even know that
there is a date in the body. You need to look at your code that handles
(puts or gets the date into/from the message).

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Adrian Hamza [MSFT]
My blog on BizTalk 2006
Windows SharePoint Services adapter

Thread-Topic: Sharepoint date problem
thread-index: AcZvpPwItlEggp/iSKmE0trI88akKA==
From: =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?= <blueplug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
References: <56A83904-BE7E-4663-A51D-E40284B7AAE6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Sharepoint date problem
Date: Thu, 4 May 2021 11:03:02 -0700
Lines: 27
Message-ID: <0C8A4622-981A-4863-B849-C2CAE340941F@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general
Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.biztalk.general:37233
NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.biztalk.general

I have tried putting a time in the XML ...

2006-03-27T00:00:00 --> becomes 2006-03-26Z in Sharepoint
2006-03-27T01:00:00 --> becomes 2006-03-27Z in Sharepoint

So it looks like the date is using default UK BST time zone (UTC + 1) in
BizTalk but for some reason being converted to UTC time when it goes
the sharepoint adapter. Why is the adapter doing this?

I see what you are saying about using the XSD specification ...

"This representation may be immediately followed by a "Z" to indicate
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) or to indicate the time zone. For
the difference between the local time and Coordinated Universal Time,
immediately followed by a sign, + or -, followed by the difference
from UTC
represented as hh:mm (minutes is required)."

... but this causes a problem in UK because during the summer our
is UTC + 1, but in the winter it is the same as UTC.

Am I missing something obvious?

One further point is that the Win2003 Server was wrongly configured
originally using default US timezone settings. This has since been
to UK timezone in Windows 2003 and the Sharepoint sites - but is there
anything else to change for Biztalk or the Sharepoint adapter?


Relevant Pages

  • RE: Sharepoint date problem
    ... I have the same problem with Oracle adapter!!! ... Windows SharePoint Services adapter ... BizTalk but for some reason being converted to UTC time when it goes ...
  • RE: Errors on Activating Receives
    ... For most polling type adapters there is an error threshold, ... Sql Adapter errors out 5 times in a row, BizTalk will disable that recieve ... it appears that if the stored procedure ...
  • RE: Very odd behaviour of our receivehost (bts2006 R2)
    ... I know biztalk heavily relies on AD... ... It's not the isolated receive host, it's the 'normal' receive host that is ... receivehost after that and still this sometimes doesn't help, ... It's my impression that the adapters I installed (AX2009 biztalk adapter ...
  • Re: Thread shortage - performance recommendations please
    ... I think you might find the thread-pool error is being returned by the ... There is a Biztalk Performance white paper that specifies performance ... > have a separate host for your Soap send adapter. ...
  • Re: Looking for advice/info on BizTalk
    ... The Schema editor (which can create and work with EDI document definitions) and BizTalk Mapper would be enough. ... One time I've "created" the new adapter. ...