Re: Need help on: Failed to initialize the correlation property name:

If you really need to (and I truely don't think it's a big problem to add
annotation to vendor schema's with the exception that you will have to add
them again when receiving a new schema) you could use custom code to do the
promotion. the code can then use other means to decide what to promote and
not the schema

Yossi Dahan

"Michael Sander" <spam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Yossi,
> true, I've tried to avoid adding extra information in the vendors
> messgage, but if thats the only solution...
>
> Thanks a lot for your help and your patience!
>
> Regards,
> Micha
>
> "Yossi Dahan" <yossi.dahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Firstly you should be able to promote a property from the message you're
>> sending, if you're worrying about editing the schema of a vendor note
>> that the property promotion is added to the schema as annotation so it
>> does not really changes the schema.
>>
>> As for the correlation - you don't need a convoy - just a plain simple
>> correlation.
>> create a correlation type that includes your order number, initialize a
>> correlation set based on it in the send port and then follow the same
>> correlation set on the next receive.
>>
>> this should do the trick for you
>>
>> Yossi Dahan
>>
>> "Michael Sander" <spam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Hi Yossi,
>>> I'll try to explain:
>>>
>>> 1. Biztalk receives a order.
>>> This order has an order number, wich could be easily promoted.
>>>
>>> 2. Biztalk constructs a new message. This one will be send to some other
>>> company, so I have no influence on the data schema.
>>> This message contains the order number, but it cant be promoted.
>>>
>>> 3. The other company will send an answer through some other port.
>>> Here we also got the order number. This one is already promoted through
>>> a receive-pipeline.
>>>

>>> As far as I understood Biztalk so far, the problems are:
>>> - I cant use the promotion from message 1, cause then I'm doing
>>> convoing. For this, message 3 must use the same port as message 1, wich
>>> is impossible.
>>> - I just cant promote the order number in the outgoing message.
>>>
>>> So how should I be able to correlate message 1 and 3?
>>>
>>> Michael

>>> Im doin
>>>
>>> "Yossi Dahan" <yossi.dahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

  • Re: Need help on: Failed to initialize the correlation property name:
    ... the property promotion is added to the schema as annotation so it does not ... As for the correlation - you don't need a convoy - just a plain simple ... The other company will send an answer through some other port. ... > - I cant use the promotion from message 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Promoted Property not set when using XDoc and XPath
    ... there needs to be something to follow the instructions in your schema ... message from the orchestration which would use the xmlDisassembler to promote ... The RecordType has been promoted (properly, not quick promotion). ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Promoted Properties not working
    ... I have one schema, one receive port, ... promoted one property in the schema using quick promotion (BT then created ... what happens is that the XML Disassembler on your receive pipeline will look at the root node of the XML document and will look for a document schema matching that. ... Basically this last second step is your key tool to diagnose any routing problems, as they allow you to see exactly what was on the message context of the incoming message and see if your subscription filters were defined correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Quick Promotion
    ... Let's call "custom" property promotion the promotion that is not "quick". ... >>I go to the schema editor for my schema, and right click a field then ... [Adrian Hamza] ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Restoring Active Directory
    ... You always want to be careful with companies wanting to extend your schema, ... you will be able to defunct the old bad attribs. ... >>What exactly is the vendor saying? ... >>Joe Richards Microsoft MVP Windows Server Directory Services ...