Re: Need help on: Failed to initialize the correlation property name:

Firstly you should be able to promote a property from the message you're
sending, if you're worrying about editing the schema of a vendor note that
the property promotion is added to the schema as annotation so it does not
really changes the schema.

As for the correlation - you don't need a convoy - just a plain simple
correlation.
create a correlation type that includes your order number, initialize a
correlation set based on it in the send port and then follow the same
correlation set on the next receive.

this should do the trick for you

Yossi Dahan

"Michael Sander" <spam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Yossi,
> I'll try to explain:
>
> 1. Biztalk receives a order.
> This order has an order number, wich could be easily promoted.
>
> 2. Biztalk constructs a new message. This one will be send to some other
> company, so I have no influence on the data schema.
> This message contains the order number, but it cant be promoted.
>
> 3. The other company will send an answer through some other port.
> Here we also got the order number. This one is already promoted through a
> receive-pipeline.
>

> As far as I understood Biztalk so far, the problems are:
> - I cant use the promotion from message 1, cause then I'm doing convoing.
> For this, message 3 must use the same port as message 1, wich is
> impossible.
> - I just cant promote the order number in the outgoing message.
>
> So how should I be able to correlate message 1 and 3?
>
> Michael
>
>> I'm still missing the picture here I think, I understand the message is
>> received through a receive port, can't you have a pipeline component in
>> that port that will promote the property you need?
> Im doin
>
> "Yossi Dahan" <yossi.dahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> It will have to be a custom component because the element is repeated, so
>> this is where you implement your logic to find out the correct property
>> that needs promoting and do the promotion.
>>
>> if you do that it will be available in your orchestration as soon as the
>> message is received and you will be able to initialize your correlation
>> set before the send.
>>
>> Yossi Dahan

  • Re: Need help on: Failed to initialize the correlation property name:
    ... Hi Yossi, ... > As for the correlation - you don't need a convoy - just a plain simple ... The other company will send an answer through some other port. ... >> - I cant use the promotion from message 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Need help on: Failed to initialize the correlation property name:
    ... annotation to vendor schema's with the exception that you will have to add ... them again when receiving a new schema) you could use custom code to do the ... >> that the property promotion is added to the schema as annotation so it ... >> correlation. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Following Correlation Set on Send Port
    ... Charles article did confirm that following a ... correlation on a send port will promote properties. ... hoping for a way to be able to use the existing promotion information in the ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Promoted Property not set when using XDoc and XPath
    ... there needs to be something to follow the instructions in your schema ... message from the orchestration which would use the xmlDisassembler to promote ... The RecordType has been promoted (properly, not quick promotion). ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Promoted Properties not working
    ... I have one schema, one receive port, ... promoted one property in the schema using quick promotion (BT then created ... what happens is that the XML Disassembler on your receive pipeline will look at the root node of the XML document and will look for a document schema matching that. ... Basically this last second step is your key tool to diagnose any routing problems, as they allow you to see exactly what was on the message context of the incoming message and see if your subscription filters were defined correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)