BT 2004 database functoid question

I am curious as to what environment the database lookup functoid is based on.
Documentation states that it's based on ADO. Is that to be assumed as
ado.net, or the older ado? If memory serves me correct, ado.net connections
can come in two flavors - SQL server and OLEDB.

Bottom line is this: I have a connection string that looks at ODBC, and I'm
curious if I'm able to do this through the BT2004 functoid or if I need to
create a database functoid (or custom script) myself.

Thanks,

  • Re: BT 2004 database functoid question
    ... >I am curious as to what environment the database lookup functoid is based ... > Documentation states that it's based on ADO. ... I have a connection string that looks at ODBC, ... > curious if I'm able to do this through the BT2004 functoid or if I need to ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Connection string configuration
    ... using SSO as the store is the most easily maintained solution. ... you can use a UDL file as the ... second input parameter for a DB functoid and update this UDL in different ... connection string in the map, I've written a C function which reads an xml ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: database lookup functoid
    ... I believe the database lookup functoid uses standard ADO.NET calls to create ... The connection string you input as your ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)