Re: EAI Tutorial Issue

It's well worth the effort, you have a very powerful tool at your fingertips
once you master it.

"DownUnder" <DownUnder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Thanks for your help. Looks like there is a lot that I need to learn...
>
> "BA" wrote:
>

>> Try adding trace statements in the orchestration so you can see how far
>> it
>> gets.
>>
>> thats the way I debug 90% of the time. If you dont have it, download the
>> debugviewer from sysinternals.com, and make sure you are capturing
>> everything (capture menu)
>>
>> To add trace statements:
>>
>> drop an expression shape and add a
>> System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("bla
>> bla bla"); statement at every critical path
>>
>> rebuild and redeploy the orchestration with trace statements and watch it
>> run in the debugviewer.... see how far it gets to narrow down what is
>> wrong.
>>

>> "DownUnder" <DownUnder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, there had been no relevant errors in the Event Log.
>> >
>> > By the way, this is happening on a virtual server distributed by
>> > Microsoft
>> > (as part of MSDN, I believe). Hence, I did not have to install or
>> > configure
>> > the Biztalk Server at all. Straight out of their package...
>> >
>> > There is also another demo that comes with the virtual server. It does
>> > not
>> > work either. But, it is a lot more complicated than the EAI Sample.
>> > Hence,
>> > wanted to start with the simple one.
>> >
>> > Their demo has some FTP ports configured. I believe, as a result, Event
>> > log
>> > has events every 5 seconds about a logon failure (about the
>> > administrator
>> > account). I just ignored it since I donot know anything about the FTP
>> > interface as yet.

  • Re: EAI Tutorial Issue
    ... > Try adding trace statements in the orchestration so you can see how far it ... there had been no relevant errors in the Event Log. ... this is happening on a virtual server distributed by Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Windows 2000 SMTP missing in IIS Console tree
    ... article as it seems to be the number one reply to previous posts of this ... I am thinking more along the lines of an unsuccessful install of EVC ... error I was having in the Event Log. ... >>delivery will not function properly for this virtual server. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: EAI Tutorial Issue
    ... there had been no relevant errors in the Event Log. ... this is happening on a virtual server distributed by Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Cant get IMF installed. No Event 7513
    ... Microsoft SBS-MVP ... > I'm looking at my event log and I do not see the 7513 event in the App ... > I've installed the IMF ... > I've enabled the IMF in the Virtual Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.setup.installation)
  • Re: Cant get IMF installed. No Event 7513
    ... Microsoft SBS-MVP ... > I'm looking at my event log and I do not see the 7513 event in the App ... > I've installed the IMF ... > I've enabled the IMF in the Virtual Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)