Re: Possible serious WSE Adapter limitation!

I saw that too but I was hoping it wasn't correct. I think I may have to
talk to the client about contacting MS and seeing if they can add this
feature to the WSE adapter (it's a big project.)

The alternative is that I construct a Web service stub that using a
SoapClient to call our exposed orchestration. Not exactly the code-free
approach we were looking for, but I don't mind coding. :)

Thanks for the reply,

Joel

"Jon Flanders[MVP]" wrote:

> I think you've run into the same limitation I've run into which is that the
> WSE Send Adapter ignores the WS-Addressing headers - essentially - the
> BizTalk WSE Send Adapter doesn't support WS-Addressing.
>
> From the WSE Adapter Documentation:
>
> AddressingHeaders
> This string property contains the XML data for the WS-Addressing headers.
>
> Type
> xs:string
>
> WSE Receive Adapter
> Request message - Contains the WS-Addressing headers received from the SOAP
> request.
>
> Response message - The contents of this context property are not used when
> you create the SOAP response to the Web service call.
>
> WSE Send Adapter
> Request message -The contents of this context property are not used when you
> create the SOAP request for calling the Web service.
>
> Response message - Contains the WS-Addressing headers received from the SOAP
> response.
>
> --
> Jon Flanders
> http://www.masteringbiztalk.com/blogs/jon/
>
> "J. Dudgeon" <JDudgeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are using BizTalk 2004, WSE 2.0 SP3, WSE 2.0 Adapter for BizTalk for a
> > high-profile project but have encountered a serious limitation in the WSE
> > Adapter. We have setup two SOAP routers and have assigned a logical name
> > the exposed orchestration WSE Web service proxy using a
> > SoapActorAttribute.
> > The client will be invoking this service from BizTalk via the WSE adapter
> > on
> > their end. The problem is that the WSE adapter does not allow you to
> > specify
> > a logical uri and send the request to the router using the Via property of
> > an
> > EndpointReference (like you can do with any SoapClient derived class).
> >
> > I've tried creating the WS-Addressing headers manually from a BT
> > orchestration but the WSE adapter overwrites these - regardless if I
> > choose a
> > dynamic send port or a static one. So I can create a <To> header with the
> > appropriate logical uri, but the WSE adapter overwrites this with the
> > physical address.
> >
> > Is there a way, using the WSE Adapter, to address a SOAP message to a
> > logical endpoint but have it delivered to a SOAP router. I know I can
> > build
> > a custom proxy or Web service stub that the client can invoke from BT but
> > would prefer to use the WSE adapter. If only the WSE adapter's
> > configuration
> > page allowed you to specify a Via property, much like how you would
> > specify
> > one when using a SoapClient to send a message through a router.
> >
> > Are there any plans to update the WSE adapter to provide this
> > functionality.
> [...]

  • WSE Adapter null methodname
    ... I am trying to use the WSE adapter to consume a web service from an ... The Web Service, has two methods, the first uses a simple type for both the ... The second method takes a strongly typed XML Document as its input parameter ... Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.WseTransmitter.WseTransmitter.ProcessMessage(RequestObject request) ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • WSE + SOAP adapter questions
    ... Does the installation of WSE adapter replace the default SOAP adapter for ... BizTalk? ... If we were to install the WSE adapter, ... Is the WSE adapter still implementing SOAP 1.1, or are we on to SOAP 1.2? ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: C# WSE3.0 client to MTOM-based Java web service
    ... The web service provider has sent me a trace of a successful SOAP ... request and I have traced my SOAP request and I do not see any ... MTOM preferred" ...
  • C# WSE3.0 client to MTOM-based Java web service
    ... I'm having an issue calling a java-based web service from a C#/.NET ... The web service provider has sent me a trace of a successful SOAP ... request and I have traced my SOAP request and I do not see any ... MTOM preferred" ...
  • Re: [Javascript] problem with ResponseXml.
    ... To the web service was a SOAP 1.2 request with the namespace ... can i do to change the XML MIME type directly in the webservice source ... If your class implementing the web service inherits from the WebService ...