Send File and Get Confirmation.. Possible?

From: unlikely (dmanina_at_soroc-dot-com.no-spam.invalid)
Date: 02/19/05

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 01:23:45 -0600

I did a little test..

I created an orchestration in which I used a SQL Adapter to get
information, then I sent that info to 2 diffent file locations.

So it went:

Receive (SQL Adapter) > Send (File - c:\Test1\) > Send (File
c:\Test2\)

Then, while it was running, I changed the actual name of the c:\Test1
directory to c:\TestOld ..

I figured that the whole process would halt, but it didn't. It just
keep sending files to c:\Test2\ and creating error messages in the
Event Monitor.

I want it to stop everything. Because in the end the process will be
like:

Receive (SQL Adapter) > Send (File - c:\Test1\) > Send (SQL
Adapter Update)

But the last thing I want to do, it update the record in SQL if the
file never made it to it's location.

So if there an exception I can use with Ports?

thanks..
dan.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown
    ... Receive Location configured with the Sql Adapter picks up messages that ... Send Port subscribes to the above messages and then Send Ports Send ... Logical Port in orchestration is then bound to physical MQ port end point. ... Exception type: PersistenceItemException ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • SQL Adapter question
    ... I am trying to use a SQL Adapter to call a stored procedure that ... elements and an orchestration (I deleted this after renaming and ... type generated by the SQL Adapter wizard (e.g. <My Project ... --msgPwrSlr is the message I created using the multi-part message type ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Updategram inserts when DB lookup fails
    ... here a blog entry on Handling an Error in Orchestration ... >> an XML format, then you can use the XML EXPLICIT option(giving you ... In the Sql Adapter you are stuck with XML AUTO. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Error handling in orchestration
    ... just found that there is a bug in the SQL adapter that it's not ... correctly populating the error information. ... | Subject: RE: Error handling in orchestration ... | | the correct error messsage in event log. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • How to schedule orchestration from sql adapter and change schema!
    ... through orchestration and pass it to a database with another sql adapter. ... repeated messages ... ... once and then disable the recieve port! ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)