Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration

From: Jon Flanders[DevelopMentor] (jfland_at_develop.com)
Date: 02/15/05

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 09:04:59 -0800

I'd definately want to see the actual HTTP traffic. I'd also make sure the
resulting MessageType in the context of both messages are the same.

--
Jon Flanders [DevelopMentor]
http://staff.develop.com/jfland/
wrote in message news:D91F9BE8-31D8-4D42-BEBB-861986402EC8@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>
> The message is being correctly received as I can save the xml message out
> of
> HAT and it is exactly the same as when we submitted it.  So the message is
> getting into Biztalk.
>
> I just dont understand why the message is getting terminated when
> submitted
> via HTTP compared to file
>
> "Jon Flanders[DevelopMentor]" wrote:
>
>> I'd use tcptrace (www.pocketsoap.com) to see the actually http exchange
>> between the client and the HTTP receive location.
>>
>> I'd also look at the context properties between the two messages - what
>> pipelines are the different locations using?
>>
>> --
>> Jon Flanders [DevelopMentor]
>> http://staff.develop.com/jfland/
>> http://www.develop.com/courses/biztalk
>> "Andrew Hodge (Medway Uk)"
>> <AndrewHodgeMedwayUk@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> > Currently trying to get the HTTP receive adapter to work
>> > (btshttpreceive.dll).  In a bid to ensure the configuration was working
>> > completed the Northwind exercise for enabling message routing.  I got
>> > this
>> > working using the file adapter.
>> >
>> > ie. place an xml file in the filedrop location and this will get
>> > processed
>> > to the outbound filedrop depending on the message contents.  If I look
>> > at
>> > the
>> > HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml
>> > receive
>> > pipeline and then sent out by the xml transmit pipeline.
>> >
>> > I then added a HTTP location under the same receive port as the above
>> > file
>> > location.
>> > After a lot of fidling with security accounts we can appear to post the
>> > xml
>> > data to the http receive adapter. We receive a http 500 error however.
>> > When
>> > I look in HAT it shows the XML message as having been received but get
>> > an
>> > error in the application log as follows
>> >
>> > The messaging engine encountered an error publishing a batch of "1"
>> > messages
>> > to the Message Box Database for the transport adapter "Biztalk HTTP
>> > Receiver". Please refer to Health and Activity Tracking tool for more
>> > detailed information on this failure and check the endpoint bindings
>> > are
>> > correctly configured.
>> >
>> > HAT just states the xml is an unparsed interchange with a status of
>> > terminated and an error code of 0xC0C01623.
>> >
>> > I cannot see why the xml file will succeed when we use the file adapter
>> > but
>> > not when we send it via the http receive adapter.
>> >
>> > Using HAT allows us to export the XML messages for both HTTP and FILE
>> > and
>> > the xml content seems to be exactly the same.

Relevant Pages

  • HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... Currently trying to get the HTTP receive adapter to work ... HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml receive ... I then added a HTTP location under the same receive port as the above file ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: HTTP adapter and Custom Receive pipeline
    ... I have published HTTP adapter in IIS. ... desassemple and validate xml. ... When we get the correct xml message, I want to return 202 to client. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... I'd use tcptrace to see the actually http exchange ... > working using the file adapter. ... > ie. place an xml file in the filedrop location and this will get processed ... > HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: structs for data transfer?
    ... will translate into 2 CPU instruction if optimisation is on ... The http being stateless, you may need ... The point I made was NOT that you do not have to use XML. ... Just look at the SOAP envelope required to send a single integer ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Classic ASP to .NET WebService interfacing (Dataset to RecordSet)
    ... > really just looking to utilize SOAP as an alternative. ... then loads the resultant xml into a MSXML2.DomDocument ... HTTP, XML ... Please reply to the newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)