Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration

From: Medway Uk (AndrewHodgeMedwayUk_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/15/05

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:41:07 -0800

Many thanks for the prompt reply

The pipelines are exactly the same ie XML receive pipelines for both the
location (file and http receive locations)

The message is being correctly received as I can save the xml message out of
HAT and it is exactly the same as when we submitted it. So the message is
getting into Biztalk.

I just dont understand why the message is getting terminated when submitted
via HTTP compared to file

"Jon Flanders[DevelopMentor]" wrote:

> I'd use tcptrace (www.pocketsoap.com) to see the actually http exchange
> between the client and the HTTP receive location.
>
> I'd also look at the context properties between the two messages - what
> pipelines are the different locations using?
>
> --
> Jon Flanders [DevelopMentor]
> http://staff.develop.com/jfland/
> http://www.develop.com/courses/biztalk
> "Andrew Hodge (Medway Uk)" <AndrewHodgeMedwayUk@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:D5E5E06A-AA3A-4BE3-A482-78DABACB4FAA@microsoft.com...
> > Currently trying to get the HTTP receive adapter to work
> > (btshttpreceive.dll). In a bid to ensure the configuration was working I
> > completed the Northwind exercise for enabling message routing. I got this
> > working using the file adapter.
> >
> > ie. place an xml file in the filedrop location and this will get processed
> > to the outbound filedrop depending on the message contents. If I look at
> > the
> > HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml
> > receive
> > pipeline and then sent out by the xml transmit pipeline.
> >
> > I then added a HTTP location under the same receive port as the above file
> > location.
> > After a lot of fidling with security accounts we can appear to post the
> > xml
> > data to the http receive adapter. We receive a http 500 error however.
> > When
> > I look in HAT it shows the XML message as having been received but get an
> > error in the application log as follows
> >
> > The messaging engine encountered an error publishing a batch of "1"
> > messages
> > to the Message Box Database for the transport adapter "Biztalk HTTP
> > Receiver". Please refer to Health and Activity Tracking tool for more
> > detailed information on this failure and check the endpoint bindings are
> > correctly configured.
> >
> > HAT just states the xml is an unparsed interchange with a status of
> > terminated and an error code of 0xC0C01623.
> >
> > I cannot see why the xml file will succeed when we use the file adapter
> > but
> > not when we send it via the http receive adapter.
> >
> > Using HAT allows us to export the XML messages for both HTTP and FILE and
> > the xml content seems to be exactly the same.
> >
> > Any ideas anyone ?

Relevant Pages

  • HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... Currently trying to get the HTTP receive adapter to work ... HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml receive ... I then added a HTTP location under the same receive port as the above file ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: structs for data transfer?
    ... will translate into 2 CPU instruction if optimisation is on ... The http being stateless, you may need ... The point I made was NOT that you do not have to use XML. ... Just look at the SOAP envelope required to send a single integer ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Classic ASP to .NET WebService interfacing (Dataset to RecordSet)
    ... > really just looking to utilize SOAP as an alternative. ... then loads the resultant xml into a MSXML2.DomDocument ... HTTP, XML ... Please reply to the newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  • Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... I'd definately want to see the actual HTTP traffic. ... > The message is being correctly received as I can save the xml message out ... > HAT and it is exactly the same as when we submitted it. ... >>> working using the file adapter. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... I'd use tcptrace to see the actually http exchange ... > working using the file adapter. ... > ie. place an xml file in the filedrop location and this will get processed ... > HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)