HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration

From: Medway Uk (AndrewHodgeMedwayUk_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/15/05

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 07:57:06 -0800

Currently trying to get the HTTP receive adapter to work
(btshttpreceive.dll). In a bid to ensure the configuration was working I
completed the Northwind exercise for enabling message routing. I got this
working using the file adapter.

ie. place an xml file in the filedrop location and this will get processed
to the outbound filedrop depending on the message contents. If I look at the
HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml receive
pipeline and then sent out by the xml transmit pipeline.

I then added a HTTP location under the same receive port as the above file
location.
After a lot of fidling with security accounts we can appear to post the xml
data to the http receive adapter. We receive a http 500 error however. When
I look in HAT it shows the XML message as having been received but get an
error in the application log as follows

The messaging engine encountered an error publishing a batch of "1" messages
to the Message Box Database for the transport adapter "Biztalk HTTP
Receiver". Please refer to Health and Activity Tracking tool for more
detailed information on this failure and check the endpoint bindings are
correctly configured.

HAT just states the xml is an unparsed interchange with a status of
terminated and an error code of 0xC0C01623.

I cannot see why the xml file will succeed when we use the file adapter but
not when we send it via the http receive adapter.

Using HAT allows us to export the XML messages for both HTTP and FILE and
the xml content seems to be exactly the same.

Any ideas anyone ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HTTP adapter and Custom Receive pipeline
    ... I have published HTTP adapter in IIS. ... desassemple and validate xml. ... When we get the correct xml message, I want to return 202 to client. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... I'd use tcptrace to see the actually http exchange ... > working using the file adapter. ... > ie. place an xml file in the filedrop location and this will get processed ... > HAT for this process I can see the message being recieved by the xml ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... I'd definately want to see the actual HTTP traffic. ... > The message is being correctly received as I can save the xml message out ... > HAT and it is exactly the same as when we submitted it. ... >>> working using the file adapter. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: HTTP Receive Adapter Configuration
    ... The pipelines are exactly the same ie XML receive pipelines for both the ... location (file and http receive locations) ... HAT and it is exactly the same as when we submitted it. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: xml over http using multipart/form-data
    ... Your best bet may be a custom adapter. ... HTTP Adapter. ... > requirement is a bit unique (not traditional xml over http). ... > I have not been able to replicate this type of a post from BizTalk using ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)