Re: XmlNode as the custom functoid input

From: Raj (Raj_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/02/05

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 17:01:02 -0800

Hi Phil,
Unfortunately I couldnt pass a XML node structure to a custom functoid. Per
my understanding, a custom functoid is no different than a scripting functoid
being called from within the XSLT. When we call a functoid, we can pass in
either the value of the node or the the name of the node, not the node
itself. Iam not sure how the Mass functoid does it though!Also, the mass
functoid makes me believe that its possible but all my effort was no good.I
tried by changing the appropriate connection type for the
AddInputConnectionType method and the input argument type for the function it
gets called but no good :-(
Anyhow, I was able to satisfy my requirement with a combination of advanced
fucntoids and logical functoids.
Incase if you didnt know, the best thing for debugging a map is to check the
XSLT generated out during validating map files and by looking at the XSLT, we
can get a much clear picture of what each functoid does!
Use the scripting functoid with Inline XLST incase if you couldnt get it
working by Biztalk default /custom functoids.
Thanks
Raj

Relevant Pages