Re: XmlNode as the custom functoid input

From: Phillip Evans (pmke_at_cyberelectric.net.au)
Date: 02/01/05

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 10:44:30 +1100

G'day Raj.

I am also trying to write a custom functoid that takes an XMLNode as input.

My fallback plan is to create a functoid that spits out an XSLT fragment to
do what I need done (and I think this would work for you).

I was wondering if you had managed to find an answer to your query (below)?

If so, would you mind sharing it please? It looks to me like custom
functoids can't access the XML DOM at all but the Mass Copy functoid clearly
IS doing it so it must be possible (whether it's supported or not is an
entirely different question).

Thanks in anticipation,

Phil.

"Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have an input XML as below
>
> <Book>
> <BookType>English</BookType>
> <Name>Intro to English</Name>
> </Book>
> <Book>
> <BookType>Science</BookType>
> <Name>Intro to Science</Name>
> </Book>
> <Book>
> <BookType>History</BookType>
> <Name>Intro to History</Name>
> </Book>
>
> and the output should look like
>
> <English>
> <Name>Intro to English</Name>
> </English>
> <Science>
> <Name>Intro to English</Name>
> </Science>
> <History>
> <Name>Intro to History</Name>
> </History>
>

> Iam trying to build a custom funtoid to accept XmlNode and give the output
> values as strings.Anybody know how to define XmlNode as the input param
> for
> the custom functoids?
> Thanks
> Raj