Re: Reverse engineering - Rescue system

From: Martijn Hoogendoorn (martijn.hoogendoorn_at_macaw.nl)
Date: 11/29/04

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:47:35 +0100

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 16:30:15 -0000, PAul Maskens wrote:

> I'm about to be presented with a BizTalk server that is functioning, and no
> documentation for the system.
> This is likely to be a long struggle, as even getting administrator access
> to setup a new user will be hard.
> Nevertheless, assuming I can add my domain user ID to the BizTalk
> Administrators group - what next?
> I've got the BizTalk developers components installed in VS2003, ready and
> waiting ....
>
> I'll need to create a project, then copy (without undeploying) the live
> system to that project.
> We can't stop the live system, because it's live for one thing!
>
> We also need to ensure we have adequate backups to restore it.
> I assume from the documentation I've read so far that simple file backups of
> the server will be inadequate.
>
> Yes, I am considering bringing in consultants to do this.
> But how do you think we got into this situation in the first place?

Hi Paul,

I've added the option to copy a live production BizTalk system into a zip
file with deployment binding information included and an easy to use
deploy.bat file to deploy the same environment somewhere else into my tool
"BizTalk Explorer". You can get it here:

http://martijnh.blogspot.com/2004/11/biztalk-explorer-v130.html

Let me know if it works for you and if you might find something missing!

HTH,

Martijn Hoogendoorn.