Re: flat file handling question

From: Bryan Brouckaert (Bryan.Brouckaert_at_advalvas.be)
Date: 11/24/04

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:36:25 +0100

Hello Gar,

Why won't you use an orchestration? It seems perfect, recieve a message,
create a new message, send original message, send the new message. Don't
forget to configure the orchistration port object to wait for a confirmation
otherwise the new message can arrive before the original message.

I don't know if you did use BizTalk 2002, but BizTalk 2004 has very good
orchestrations. Don't be affraid of it.

Bryan.

"gar" <gar@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
Hi,
I've got a flat file that I need to get from and ftp location and deliver it
to another ftp location. That's all fine I can link can filter for a receive
port on hte send port and use the passthru to drop the file. My problem is
that I need to then write a message to an MQ that triggers the destination
system to pick up the file.

I'm looking for options that will support this requirement in the simplest
way. I know I can do it in an orchestration but I really don't need to do
any
manipulation on the file so I don't want another orchestration just for the
sake of it.

Could I write a custom pipeline component that would fire an mq message
after the file has been successfully ftp'ed.
I'm guessing I can't, because once sent the file has left the pipeline.

Appreciate the help.
Slán
Gar

Relevant Pages

  • flat file handling question
    ... I've got a flat file that I need to get from and ftp location and deliver it ... port on hte send port and use the passthru to drop the file. ... I know I can do it in an orchestration but I really don't need to do any ... Could I write a custom pipeline component that would fire an mq message ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Custom Pipeline component
    ... I am trying to create a custom pipeline component (or I think I need ... My scenario is I have different set of messages coming on a ... I cant use an orchestration because this is developed as CBR. ... send port. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Removing a XML node from XML in Orchestration
    ... In the orchestration, you have your original message (I'll call it ... and map from Source to Target. ... Draw links between all nodes EXCEPT for the "discipline" one. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Biztalk 2006 - Sending Emails with attachments
    ... I just don't want the original message to appear anywhere in the ... outbound email. ... I'm just using it in the orchestration - but I don't ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Null Object reference question
    ... I have an orchestration which accepts one type of message in, ... a secondary message based on a value in the original message. ... defined as a Distinguished Field and a Promoted Property in the Property ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)