Re: SAP Integration?

From: Andrew (Andrew_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 06:39:07 -0800

Nabeel,

Thanks for the information. I have 2 questions:

1. Can you create an arbitrary IDOC - or are there only a standard set of
IDOCs available?

2. Creating a file - how would you go about this in SAP. Would it require
custom developement?

Regards

Andrew

"Nabeel Prior" wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> I have worked with the MS SAP Adapter, and have had a few specific issues
> with it, as per my blog article:
> http://www.brainjar.co.za/blog.aspx?page=2004/10/biztalk-2004-microsoft-sap-adapter.html
>
> There is another very good adapter available from
> http://www.topxml.com/biztalkutilities/biztalk2004.asp . I have not worked
> with it myself, but have heard very good things about it from those that
> have worked with it.
>
> The only way I know of that you would be able to achieve an action based on
> an event is to get the SAP system to issue an IDOC or generate a file when
> the event occurs and then for BizTalk to act on it from there.
>
> --
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Nabeel Prior
> Web: http://www.brainjar.co.za
> Blog: http://www.brainjar.co.za/blog.aspx
>

> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've got a question about integrating with SAP using BizTalk 2004. I want
> > start an orchestration on an event in SAP (i.e. someone creates a new user
> > in
> > SAP). Does anyone know how to approach this?
> >
> > Do any of the SAP adapters available support this scenario (Activating on
> > an
> > event in SAP)? Does anyone have any general comments on the SAP Adapters
> > available?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andrew

Relevant Pages

  • RE: SAP Adapter: IDOCs
    ... Finally I got the rights to upload IDOC's and it works execut¡ng RFC's but if I use the SAP Adapter I get this message: ... Right now I think that there is something wrong with my BizTalk configuration but I do not know what is it. ... > IDOC right. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: ORDERS05 Idoc not received by SAP...
    ... Does the IDOC show up in the incoming IDOC list in SAP at all? ... Is the SAP side configured correctly to accept IDOCs from BizTalk? ... SAP user that's used to send this request to SAP, ... SAP and were able to resolve this. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • BizTalk2k4/mySAP v2
    ... I have installed the SAP .net connector along with the mySAP v2 adapter ... from Microsoft into my BizTalk 2004 environment. ... translates the incoming XML document into the idoc xml output. ... IDoc file and saved to disk using a FILE transport or must the XML IDoc ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: ORDERS05 Idoc not received by SAP...
    ... Does the IDOC show up in the incoming IDOC list in SAP at all? ... Is the SAP side configured correctly to accept IDOCs from BizTalk? ... SAP user that's used to send this request to SAP, ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: SAP Adapter: IDOCs
    ... I am right now waiting for the SAP administrator to give me the sending IDOC right. ... Instead of this we could execute an RFC (not using the SAP Adapter) which uploads this IDOC to SAP. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)