Re: Confused: Any Send Ports create shortcuts when debugging?

From: Nabeel Prior (nowhere_at_somewhere.com)
Date: 11/21/04

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 09:14:24 +0200

Hi Jules,

Re: development process:

There are a number of things you can do to make life a little easier. Here
are some options:

1. Create a bindings file with the biztalk deployment wizard, after you have
set everything up. Then unenlist, undeploy, deploy and import your bindings
file. This works well until you change the number or nature of the ports in
your orchestration.
2. If you know NAnt, read this blog to help you create a script-based
approach to address this:
http://www.traceofthought.net/PermaLink,guid,09ad4181-dde2-4906-884b-d023f80fc800.aspx
3. Another approach is that during the development stage of the process, set
the send and receive ports in your orchestration to "Specify Now", and let
the deployment process worry about reconfiguring the ports every time
(although they are created with long assembly-based names). Then, once
development is complete, you can reset these to "Specify Later".

--
Kind Regards,
Nabeel Prior
"Jules" <Julian.Nospam.Winter@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am still learning BIZTALK.  I am starting to have a few gripes
> regarding the need to re create Send Ports as a consequence of
> debugging mapping sand orchestrations. This is probably because I am
> not very aware of any shortcuts or the proper BIZTALK development
> process.
>
> So when I can have a problem in my Mapping schemas ( e.g. SQL database
> run time errors because xml mappings do not match SQL Datatypes.)  I
> seem to have to go through the following process:
>
> a) Disabling Receive Ports, Stopping and Un Enlisting Send Ports
> b) Undeployment of my Assemblies
> c) Correcting the Bugs in Mappings and Orchestration, and  then re
> deploying.
> e) Recreating all my Send Ports, which is the real nause because of
> all the different configuration details.
> f) Enlisting and starting the Send ports, and Enabling the Receive
> Ports
> g) Stopping and re starting my BIZTALK Server, to ensure that it loads
> the corrected Assembly.
> i) Test Again
>
> This seems a real painful process, especially when I thought the whole
> purpose was to enable  Business process Analysts to set up and edit
> Mappings and Orchestrations, and not involve developers having to redo
> lots of port configuration details
>
> So please tell me where I am going wrong.
>
> BTW another gripe is that several of the BIZTALK file paths, are not
> supported by standard browsable file path selectors.  So I have to be
> very careful to get long file [tahs correct first time. It just makes
> it much more like hard work !
>
> Many Thanks for any help
>
> Jules

Relevant Pages

  • RE: redeploy BizTalk Server 2004 schema changes
    ... I ended up deleting all send and receive ports in BizTalk Explorer. ... tried to undeploy the schema assembly and Success! ... orchestration all in the same solution occurs. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Confused: Any Send Ports create shortcuts when debugging?
    ... I am still learning BIZTALK. ... I am starting to have a few gripes ... run time errors because xml mappings do not match SQL Datatypes.) ... Disabling Receive Ports, Stopping and Un Enlisting Send Ports ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • BizTalk 2006 Orchestration does not show logical ports
    ... I installed BizTalk 2006 on a SBS 2003 and everything were fine. ... "The orchestration has no logical ports". ... Now - it has logical ports, it's bindings declared as "Specify Later". ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Error sending a message from BTS2006 to Navision 4
    ... There it goes into a second orchestration that sends it to NAV ... Are you sending a message out via HTTP adapter because this way you ... save yourself some time and take a look at direct ports ... In the Biztalk Admin console, on the Service Details I find following Error ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Error Message
    ... another problem When Testing Biztalk now gives me the following error ... > problem with the unenlisted orchestration. ... > You need to bind your ports. ... >>> occurs if the subscribed orchestration schedule or send port has not ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)