Mapping

From: Bob Corcoran (BobCorcoran_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/15/04

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 15:12:02 -0800

I'm new to BizTalk and .Net. My task is to transform an XML document based on
an existing schema to a client's positional flat file format. I've imported
the existing schema and I've also created the flat file schema, with a
header, a body (maxOccurs = *), and a trailer. Up until now, I have written
the XSLT by hand for these situations, but I understand BizTalk 2004 will
create the XSLT for me based on the mapping. As such, I have a couple of
general questions based on the following document snippet:

<Healthcare type="dependent">
    <StartDate>20041101</StartDate>
</Healthcare>

if type == "dependent"
   map StartDate value to field 'startdate1' in flat file
else
   map StartDate value to field 'startdate2' in flat file

Would I use a functoid to express this logic?

And, would I use functoids to translate data?

Example: if state = 'California' in source schema, map to flat file as 'CA'

Thanks very much,

--
Bob Corcoran

Relevant Pages

  • Validating Optional Segments in FLatFile
    ... So when i get this kind of input file,When i am trying to validate against the schema, only segment 1 is recognised in the message and only Segment1 is getting populated in the validated output. ... I came across an issue while dealing with the flat file. ... Ok so from there I specify that all the ChildElements are optional ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Validating Optional Segments in FLatFile
    ... So when i get this kind of input file,When i am trying to validate against the schema, only segment 1 is recognised in the message and only Segment1 is getting populated in the validated output. ... I came across an issue while dealing with the flat file. ... Ok so from there I specify that all the ChildElements are optional ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Creating Schema for Flat File Disassembler
    ... I restructured you schema a bit and it will now parse your input data. ... main problem with your original schema was setting the positional offset ... Creating Schema for Flat File Disassembler ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Flat File Issue with Multiple Line Flat File
    ... I restructured you schema a bit and it will now parse your input data. ... main problem with your original schema was setting the positional offset ... Flat File Issue with Multiple Line Flat File ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Schema for output flat file
    ... It's difficult to know exactly how to describe your schema without being ... Schema for output flat file ... Each record type have 64 byte. ... >>>>My flat file has layout as below:>>FHeader a b c d SMHeader e f g h SMDetail i j k l SMDetail m n o p>>SMDetail q r s t SMTrailer u x y w SMHeader a b c d SMDetail e f g h>>SMDetail k q r sh SMDetail q r s w SMTrailer o p w s FTrailer h g w s>>>>I know know how to define send schema to output flat file as above. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)