RE: Date fitering on receiveport

From: Stephen W. Thomas (StephenWThomas_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 05:48:04 -0800

Here is one idea:

You could create a custom Receive Pipeline component that xpaths these
values out of the message. At that point, you can build your datetime
easily. Then, you can do some logic or call an outside component that
determines if you care about that data. This would isolate your business
logic and allow it to change easily, just in case tomorrow you only want 1
day of data.

Then, you could set a custom promoted property like CurrentInfo = “true” or
something more meaningful. This would then be routed to the correct
Orchestration or Send Port.

Hope this helps.

Stephen W. Thomas
http://www.geekswithblogs.net/sthomas

"Lars W. Andersen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need some design help
>
> I have a stream of data I use for another interface. I would like to
> subscribe to some of these data for use in another interface. My stream
> outputs data for 90 days but I only need data for today and two days forward
> in time.
>
> The data I subscribe to, have a date and a time, but it is not in a datetime
> format. They are just string values in elements. E.g.
>
> <date>
> <year>2004</year>
> <month>10</month>
> <day>31</day>
> </date>
>
> Can i do something funky in a receiveport filter, like call a datetime
> function and return a stringvalue that I match up against each of these
> three element?
>
> I would hate to have to map all 9000 messages to a datetime format, just to
> get the 300 messages I need.
>
> regards
> Lars

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DateTimePicker return wrong format
    ... And you can decide how to format a DateTime. ... special format of a culture and/or you can give a standard or custom date ... and time format string. ...
  • RE: Design-Time Integration for Custom Pipeline Components
    ... details all interfaces that can be implemented by a pipeline component and what they control. ... The pipeline designer does not expect custom pipeline components to implement IComponentModel. ... Custom pipeline components offer only limited design time User Interface customization. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Design-Time Integration for Custom Pipeline Components
    ... Define a custom interface named IQueryPropInfo. ... Implement ICustomTypeDescriptor in the pipeline component. ... > Custom pipeline components offer only limited design time User Interface customization. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Custom pipeline component consuming COM+ component.
    ... I call it from within the custom pipeline component, ... Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006 ... Pooling and Object Construction, and has an Application Root Folder defined. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Custom Pipeline Component Tutorial
    ... > pipeline components to handle PGP encryption, ... and to write the custom pipelines. ... I almost forgot to plug my Pipeline Component Wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)