Re: BTS 2004 Rule Engine - .NET class create instance

From: Makarand Keer (MakarandKeer_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 07:00:04 -0800

Hi Matt

I have similar requirement.
I am using SDK to invoke RuleEngine.Execute method to apply the rules on
XMLDocument.
Now when for record where Business Rule is applied i am updating DateTime
element of same xml. To get the current datetime I have written class and
added the assembly in GAC. From Rule Composer while designing Policy I can
assign the static method of this class to my element in Action, however when
I test the policy thr' coposer it is not working also when I run my code to
invoke RuleEngine.Execute it is not working. No errors are shown.
Am i missing something here, do I have to add class as fact in sdk, if yes
my class have private cinstructor so how to add instance of this class in
fact.

Please help

Makarand

"Matt Milner" wrote:

> you don't need a fact creator in the orchestration, you need to create the
> facts and add them as parameters. for example, if you have a component
> named MyComponent, you wouldn't add a fact creator to the orchestration,
> just a variable of type MyComponent. Initialize it before using it as a
> parameter to the call rules shape. The IFactCreator interface is for
> testing your policies in the business rules composer.
>
> Matt
>

> "inukshuk" <inukshuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a call rules shape in my orchestration and have created an instance
> of
> > this class which implements the IFactCreator interface.
> > I then get my object in the dropdown list when i configure my call rules
> > shape and select it as a paramter.
> > When i run my orchestration and I get to the call rules shape i always get
> > an exception of type:: Object reference not set to an instance of an
> object.
> > These rules work like a charm from the test policy option when i create
> the
> > object in the fact creator section. But from my orchestration i get the
> > object reference exception.
> >
> > Can anyone help.....

Relevant Pages