Re: Insert Map not working:

From: Greg Forsythe (greg.forsythe_at_unisys.com)
Date: 11/04/04

    Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 21:50:31 +1300

    To perform a transform in the pipeline the message type must be known.
    If you use the Receive PassThru pipeline the message is treated as a binary
    stream and the message type is never determined.
    The outbound transform component cannot match the message to the input
    message type required by the map so no transform is done.

    Use the default XMLReceive pipeline; this pipeline should determine the
    message type and, if this matches the input to the map, a transform will be
    done.
    If the XMLReceive pipeline cannot determine the message type it will suspend
    the message service.

    3) If you are able to select the map when configuring the send port then the
    assembly containing the map has already been successfully deployed. If a
    send port refers to a map you cannot undeploy the containing assembly until
    you remove the map reference from the send port.

    Greg

    "Paritosh Mhaisekar" <ParitoshMhaisekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:45F0BB22-380F-4F9D-B504-7E970A5F4E54@microsoft.com...
    > Try setting the pipeline as default xml transmit in send port.
    > pass thru would be of more use for pure routing purpose.
    > hope this helps
    > -paritosh
    >
    > "maverick" wrote:
    >

    > > I1) inserted a map in the send pipleline. Input file is an XML file. I
    > > am using pass through send and receive pipelines. But I do not see any
    > > transformation. Input = Output. Why is this happening? Why is the map
    > > not working?
    > >
    > > 2) When we use pass through pipeline as compared to default
    > > piplelines?
    > >
    > > 3) Want to confirm whether we need to re deploy the solution after
    > > refering the map into the port? Cos some one told me that first u
    > > deploy and then only you give reference to the map in the port.
    > >
    > > Please help me
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > > --
    > > maverick

    • RE: Flat file and mapping
      ... would allow transforming from the flat file extension to what was needed as ... > Map selection is done based on a property called Message Type. ... > If you change your pipeline to use your FileFileConvertedToXml.xsd or change ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
    • Re: BizTalk 2006 Map error in ConsumeWebService SDK
      ... pipeline is used in the ReceivePort... ... incoming message matches the map's source message type. ... When I test the map directly in the BizTalk mapper in Visual Studio 2005 I ... then the destination message is not populated with the ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
    • Re: How to call MSMQ message using MSMQT
      ... If you have a specific message type, you should use that in your receive ... As long as you have the XmlDisassembler on the receive pipeline, ... > Hi Matt, ... are you using the SendDirect method? ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.server)
    • Re: Pipeline - Multiple Disassemblers
      ... I'm curious if you also developed 2 different orchestrations for each ... discrepencies in logic for each message type. ... > pipeline multiple disassemblers but alas it doesn't work. ... >> done extensive testing to know how well the flat file would be able to tell ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
    • Re: Pass Through Pipelines in orchestrations exposed as web services
      ... Using the pass through pipeline is a little more efficient than using XML Receive. ... This comes with the drawback that the message type is not promoted. ... So when you use the passthrough the second condition is true and the orchestration will pick up the message. ...
      (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)