RE: Generating a number to be passed into a map

From: Stephen W. Thomas (StephenWThomas_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:08:04 -0800

In the past, I have generated these ID’s outside the map. Then, passed the
value into the map inside an Orchestration mapping using multi part message
mapping (i.e. two inputs into one message). This was because the value I
needed inside the map was in the message context.

If you just need the value inside your map, you can use inline code to
generate a random number or guid. You could then XPath into the message if
you need to know this number later on.

Stephen W. Thomas
http://www.geekswithblogs.net/sthomas