RE: SQL Adapter Issue with more than one machine

From: Adrian Hamza[MSFT] (adrianhamza_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/28/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 19:50:27 GMT

Hi,
Could you please try the same thing that you did but enable all checkboxes
under MSDTC (not only the Network Access) ?

Here are a few links that about your error, links that could prove useful.
   Could you check in SQL Analyzer that your SQL statement is correct?
   Are all your machines part of the same domain? If not see this article
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555017>

Here are some other links to related information.
  <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329332>
  <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306843>

<http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/post.asp?TOPIC_ID=3451&method=T
opicQuote>
  <http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/pid/330/qid/666808>

<http://sqljunkies.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect/2004/4/
21/182061.aspx#182061>

I tried to find information about MSDTC and Windows 2000 Server but I
didn't find a lot. It seems that MSDTC is installed by default in Windows
2000. I'll get back to you I find something.

Other things to try:

doing an
 msdtc -uninstall
followed by an
  msdtc -install
 on both systems

This causes MSDTC to reinitialize all of its GUIDs. (The problem could be
that the GUID for the local user name object was the same on both systems)

Please let me know how this works for you.
Thanks,
Adrian.

--------------------
>>From: "=?Utf-8?B?UGl0cm9kYQ==?=" <Pitroda@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>Subject: RE: SQL Adapter Issue with more than one machine
>>Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 23:44:01 -0700
>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.biztalk.general
>>
>>Hi
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>My BizTalk DB is configured in a Windows 2000 box and my application DB
in a WIndows 2003 box. I had ensured that I have enabled Network access in
my Windows Server 2003 box (both BizTalk and SQL Server), and I am not sure
about on WIndows 2000 Terminal. Here I could not find Transaction
COnfiguration option to enable the security settings.

>>ALso, do we need to restart both the SQL Server machines if I enable
Network access?

>>PING is working from all the machines.
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>"Pitroda" wrote:
>>
>>> All
>>>
>>> I have configured my BTS machine to connect to a remote SQL Server
which has BTS related Databases only. Also I ma using a different SQL
Server for my application and I am doing updation with this DB using SQL
adapter.

>>> When I run my application, I am getting the following error which I
could not understand, Please help

>>> The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "New transaction
cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ".

>>> The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port
"SQL://mymachine/pubs/". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval
specified for this Send Port. Details:"Unknown Error Description ".

>>> The adapter "SQL" raised an error message. Details "New transaction
cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator. ".

>>> Thanks in advance

EBusiness Server Team

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Sql Server 2005 Dev. Ed. on Windows Server 2003
    ... Check out this KB which is about transferring Logins: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246133 ... Also, since this is running on a newly installed Windows Server 2003, is ... them from your older SQL Server instance to the newer one. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Re: New Windows Infrastructure
    ... vendor's application runs on windows with an SQL database and I will also need a web server for a separate module which will allow our customers to access account data online. ... I would think that if the app runs on windows, I do not need the citrix server. ... It makes sense to have separate DCs though, because let's say you want to upgrade your Active Directory in two weeks time, with separate DCs it's easy, but if you've got a bunch of apps installed it could be a nightmare. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment)
  • How can I avoid using SQL Authentication with the Office Web Parts?
    ... We have a machine running Windows 2003 Server, IIS 6, and Windows SharePoint ... We are using Office Web Parts on several Web ... Part pages to display data retrieved from a SQL Server (SQL 2000 SP3 running ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)