RE: HWS Activity SDK Sample does not work

From: Yuri Savinov (YuriSavinov_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/28/04

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:41:01 -0700

The only error during sample execution was "Failed to retrieve activity flow information from tracking."
In my EventLog the event has status "Warning" but GetActivityFlowInfo method call throws exception.
May be an error had been occured when I installed BTS?

Is it possible to localize place of the error with any trace utility like soap toolkit ?

Thank you.

"Chris Whytock[MSFT]" wrote:

> Do any errors appear in your event log prior to the call to
> GetActivityFlowInfo? Normally, this error is just a result of the
> asynchronus tracking perform in HWS, and some retry logic (like that
> present in the SDK sample) will rectify the problem.
>
> Since you're still seeing the problem even after increasing the length of
> the retry period, perhaps an error is occuring earlier on in the sample,
> like there is a failure delivering the activation message or something of
> the like, which means that the tracking information will never be populated.
>
> --Chris
>
> --------------------
> >>
> >>I've increased the thread stops up to 12000.
> >>GetActivityFlowInfo service method call throws exception and I had to
> insert try catch block into while operator scope. Now I have the following
> code:
> >>while ( ( taskID == Guid.Empty ) && ( numRetries > 0 ) )
> >>{
> >> try{
> >> Thread.Sleep( 12000 );
> >> HWS.ActivityFlow activityFlowInfo = hwss.GetActivityFlowInfo(
> activityFlowID, HWS.ActivityFlowDetailLevel.TaskLevel, null );
> >> numRetries--;
> >> if ( activityFlowInfo != null )
> >> {
> >> Console.WriteLine( "\n\n"
> >> + "Current Activity Flow Description: {0}\n"
> >> + "Current Activity Flow Status: {1}\n"
> >> + "Current Action Instance count: {2}",
> >> activityFlowInfo.ActivityFlowDescription,
> >> activityFlowInfo.Status,
> >> activityFlowInfo.StatInfo.ActionInstanceCount );
> >> getCurrentActionInstanceIDAndTaskID(
> activityFlowInfo.RootActionInstances,
> >> ref actionInstanceID,
> >> ref taskID );
> >> }
> >> }catch{
> >> numRetries--;
> >> }
> >>}
> >>
> >>And the sample still does not work with the same error.
> >>
> >>Yuri Savinov

> error:

> activityFlowID, HWS.ActivityFlowDetailLevel.TaskLevel, null )

> EBusiness Server Team

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HAT Error - Scheduled Job Failed
    ... Not sure about the sql error message, but only messages you have marked to ... document tracking at the send or receive port configuration. ... > I have SQL Server Agent running on the server and tracking properties of ... > Event Type: Warning ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Spam turns nasty with death threat
    ... Thank you for the warning. ... I have passed it on to my personal security ... team and they are in the process of tracking you down. ... would you cane him? ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Tacking Messages not working!
    ... It seems that message tracking is not ... I´ve set up a SOAP Send Port and allowed full tracking. ... It seems to be a problem with SQL Server Agent and the tracking Jobs. ... The following warning is raised in the Event Viewer: ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Fuel taxation (was: RDU Light Rail...)
    ... tracking capability in cell phones to help with 911 calls. ... A specific goal of the British ... timing, improving traffic flow, warning of impending collision at ... intersections, warning of the proximity of emergency vehicles, etc. etc. ...
    (misc.transport.road)