XML Namespace Required in all XML data?

From: Mark (markeboyle_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: 27 Jun 2021 20:45:58 -0700

    It seems like BizTalk 2004 requires the BizTalk Reference Namespace to
    be in the XML document for both the request and the response when used
    inside an Orchestration. I'm unclear why it just can't accept XML
    according to a predefined schema that we explicetely define and attach
    to a message instance?

    For example this doesn't flow inside my orchestration (Sample 1):
    <Request>
     <FirstName>John</FirstName>
     <LastName>Doe</LastName>
    </Request>

    But this does (Sample 2):
    <ns0:Request xmlns:ns0="http://MyBizTalkTest.Request">
     <FirstName>John</FirstName>
     <LastName>Doe</LastName>
    </ns0:Request>

    I've not been too concerned about it until lately when I found out
    it's also required for the HTTP adapter (request/response) as well.

    The concern I have is that I'm using BizTalk to post to a 3rd party
    website that accepts XML in the format of Sample 1 above and replies
    the same way. How can I inject the BizTalk schema in the response?
    I'm using the sample "HTTPSolicitResponse" from the SDK.

    Any direction is appreciated.

    -Mark