Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy

How Do I Combine Messages When Creating a New Map?

From: Mike (Mike_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/22/04

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 08:14:01 -0700

Hi,

I have an orchestration that first receives data from a stored procedure (Message1). I then take that data, transform it (Message2) & insert it into another database via a stored procedure. The stored procedure inserts the data from Message2 & returns a new message (Message3) which contains an element called "IDNO" that is returned as a result of the stored procedure. I then want to take the "IDNO" value from Message3 and combine it with Message1 (since there are still many elements contained in Message1 that I still need to insert into other database tables) and do a transform to create Message4 that inserts into my second database table.

My problem is that when I open the transform configuration wizard, I select Message1 for my first source transform, click the "Click here to add a new row!" display message & add Message3 as my second source transform (which is my "IDNO" message returned from my previous stored procedure). I then add Message4 as my destination transform. When I hit OK, Biztalk launches my new transformation map. My source schema shows 2 message parts...InputMessagePart_0 and InputMessagePart_0. InputMessagePart_0 contains all the expected data elements from my original Message1 but ImputMessagePart_1 just contains the element "ns1:" and does not contain the expected data from Message3. Now, if I delete the transformation map & go back through the whole transform configuration wizard process & add Message3 first & then Message1 for my source transform, when Biztalk opens the new tranformation map, Message3 will now show up as InputMessagePart_0 with all the expected data elements and InputMessagePart_1 still just has the
 "ns1:" element w/o the expected data from Message1. Why does InputMessagePart_1 never contain the data from the second transform source that I specified when using the Transform Configuration Wizard?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy
This document was last modified: 06/25/04 02:09 CEST
We are proud to be hosted by
9 Net Avenue Deutschland