Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy

RE: Conflict b/w Biztalk & Vs.Net

From: Gilles [MSFT] (Gilles_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/22/04

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 15:01:06 GMT

Hello Ravi,

[...]

>Once I say ok to the message, the xsd opens in biztalk editor and it does not show me the normal
>Typed dataset screen where i can drag& drop my tables from SQL Server or any DB.

As I am sure you have noticed, BizTalk 2004 installs its own schema editor. This editor is set to be the default editor for schemas in Visual Studio.NET
2003 which means that every file that ends with ".xsd" will open in BizTalk schema editor.

The idea is to tell Visual Studio .NET 2003 to use the editor that you prefer for the task.
Here is how to do that:

1) Open the solution in VS.NET 2003
2) In the solution explorer, locate the schema and right click on it
3) Select "Open With ..."
4) In the dialog box, select "XML Schema editor" and click "Open"

OBSERVE: The schema opens in the Visual Studio .NET 2003 editor, where you can drag tables.

The previous steps are actually opening a specific schema with a specific editor for this time only.
If you want to always open schemas in the original VS.NET schema editor, replace step 4) above by:

4) In the dialog box select "XML Schema editor" and click "Set as default". You can click "Open" to open it
but since you set the VS.NET 2003 schema editor to be the default, the next time, schemas will open as they
used to before installing BizTalk.

You can use the previous technique(s) to open schemas in the most appropriate editor for the task.

Thanks.
-Gilles.

Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy
This document was last modified: 06/23/04 02:23 CEST
We are proud to be hosted by
9 Net Avenue Deutschland