Re: Database Lookup Functoid Access Connection String

From: ktz4 (ktz4_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/21/04

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:26:01 -0700

This works great with SQL, but I'm trying to connect to a Microsoft Access database. Any other ideas?

"Jan Eliasen" wrote:

> Hi. Try with
> Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
> Info=False;Initial Catalog=<database>;Data Source=<db-server>
>
> Replace the strings in brackets with something useful. The above
> connectionstring is for integrated security and not username/password.
>
> Jan Eliasen.
>
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:39:01 -0700, "ktz4"
> <ktz4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have tried the following and these are the results I get:
> >
> >Provider=MSDASQL.1;Data Source = DataSourceName
> >
> >The .Net Framework Data Provider for OLEDB (System.Data.OleDb) does not support the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (MSDASQL). Use the .Net Framework Data Provider for ODBC (System.Data.Odbc).
> >Provider=ODBC;Data Source = DataSourceName
> >
> >The 'ODBC' provider is not registered on the local machine.
> >Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source = DataSourceName
> >
> >Invaild authorization specification
> >------------------------------------------------------------- The DSN is configured to use the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
> >

> >"Scott White" wrote:
> >
> >> Try
> >>
> >> provider=SQLOLEDB.1

> --
> Jan Eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: hope this is an easy one for somebody
    ... yeah, he suggested either those 2 sets of brackets as above, or no brackets ... Dim strSQL As String ... 'Note that you could use a condtion in the above sql ... But this is exactly the ApptID I want - why does it not like this sql? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL
    ... "strings" specifically are so interesting to you. ... input that can be cast to a numeric type, ... but it is not expected that the DBMS is forcing you to do so. ... It seems you can't accommodate the SQL outcomes because it doesn't have a "shape" that you are comfortable with. ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: Linq; expression parser?
    ... object based query at runtime and had to revert to stored strings. ... but if I had the need to write dynamic SQL inside the ...
  • Re: Performance Problem with Stored Procedure calls to Sql Server
    ... Look at this in SQL profiler. ... The strings contain XML. ... > Dim oRs As ADODB.Recordset ...
    (microsoft.public.data.oledb)
  • Re: 3vl 2vl and NULL
    ... and the SQL view backing that screen has many instances of this same ID value, then the data models are different. ... To answer David's question too, if you were to prepare a diagram of your choice, perhaps UML these days, of the logical data model that a software application needs for interfacing with the database and the logical model it needs for the UI, choosing the same entities and attributes to model, your UML diagrams would be different. ... The RDBMS takes those relations, validates with constraint logic likely written in a different language than the other validations, and turns the data into strings to be stored. ... DBMS to the Screen App to be exclusively 1NF in the strictest sense. ...
    (comp.databases.theory)