Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy

Re: Mapping a record to a field

From: Nick Malik (nickmalik_at_hotmail.nospam.com)
Date: 06/18/04

Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:00:24 GMT

Well, you do need the mapper, but I'm not seeing a reason to use a single
field.
You create a schema that represents the data that will end up in the output
record. I'm fairly certain you can do some mapping magic to break up the
input record into multiple output records.

Then, set up each of the output records with the flat file serializer, and
you have all your data in a single "field".

How would this NOT work?

--- Nick

"RLang" <RLang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Nick the XML file has several records and nested records.
>
> "Nick Malik" wrote:
>
> > Still confused: you have a record arriving in XML... that much I get.
If
> > the output (from the physical port...) is a flat record, then why do
> > anything in the mapper at all... why not just use the flat file
serializer
> > to drop a flat record out the other end with all your data in it?
> >
> > Start from the inputs to Biztalk and the outputs from Biztalk... then, I
> > think I will understand you. This may or may not be best handled with a
> > map.
> >
> > --- Nick
> >
> > "RLang" <RLang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > There is no CDATA section here. All I want is to do is take the entire
> > input instance and put the contents in a text field. Sort of like the
mass
> > copy functoid but that functoid requires a schema to be mapped to while
> > want to put contents in a text field.

> > am at

Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy
This document was last modified: 06/19/04 12:16 CEST
We are proud to be hosted by
9 Net Avenue Deutschland