Re: Biztalk Base EDI Adapter

Date: 06/16/04

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 14:52:45 -0400

Hello,

    We are facing the same, exact dilemma. Right now we're researching the
same questions. We tried turning the EDI Documents into Flat Files but
we're having alot of compiling errors with the supplied EDI templates. We
also noticed that turning the EDI into a flat file caused us to lose the EDI
specification checks, which is not good. I just want you to know that we're
very new to BizTalk and might be doing something wrong that's causing so
many errors. If you find anything else out, please let me know. I will
also keep you posted on any progress we make.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

Thanks,
Frank

"News4RL" <News4RL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Due to a large number of trading partners and need to run Biztalk on a
multi-processor server, we are finding that the Enterprise Edition of
Biztalk + Covast EDI Accelerator would be cost prohibitive. We do, however,
need support for EDI versions above 4010. Since the base EDI adapter does
not support the newer versions, we have considered the following options:
> ------Since we already have EDI communications software that receivs and
sends our EDI docs, could we treat the EDI document as a flat-file and
route/map accordingly?
> ------Can we modify the existing 4010 schemas to match the 4030/4050
specs?
> Are either of these options feasible? Are there other options we have not
considered? Thanks for any and all input.

Relevant Pages

  • EDI Tools
    ... I didn't see anything in the vaults to handle the EDI ... X12 standard and wondered if anyone has done work with that. ... based library to create/process EDI documents. ... have received this communication in error, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Biztalk 2004/2006 and Edi
    ... I believe that there were som updates earlier this year so that there ... functionality would be the same as in 2002. ... What about Edi and 2006? ... If I have a client that wants to use a couple of Edi documents that is ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)