Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy

BizTalk,Notification Services, Shaerpoint

From: Mike Lopez (MichaelLopez_at_Emmerel.com)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 06:40:49 -0400

Hello.

I'm in the process of re-architecting our internal systems and am looking to
better utilize the latest MS products (which we have but don't use) and
other technologies (such as XML, SOA, and related). We are a Win2000 (soon
2003), Active Directory, SQL Server 2000, Exchange 2003, IIS, and "legacy"
system shop. One of my main goals is to eliminate home-grown software and
replace it with MS products.

I'm trying to get a handle on the various Microsoft products and the
different roles that they play in an enterprise setting.

In particular I'm curious as to how BizTalk, Notification Services, and the
Sharepoint services (WSS/SPS) would work together in such a setting, and how
they compliment each other (if they in fact do).

Can someone shed some light on the roles these products play in an
enterprise setting?

One more question if I may: Is it overkill to implement BizTalk for usage in
our internal systems, sort of in an EAI type role?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy
This document was last modified: 06/10/04 02:31 CEST
We are proud to be hosted by
9 Net Avenue Deutschland