Change Namespace Prefix

From: Frank Wilson (nospam_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 11:44:45 -0700

Is there a way either in BizTalk or through a custom component (pipeline or
other) to change the namespace prefix of an outbound message? I am sending
a document to an application that requires that every element be prefixed
with "sm". BizTalk sends the document with the "ns0" prefix.

I am interested in how to do this in BizTalk, but I would also be interested
in how to do it using .NET (System.Xml) without having to set the prefix on
every node.

Thanks,
Frank

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ns0 once again!!! Is there a consensus now?
    ... Maybe I'm not understanding what you're asking but it shouldn't matter what namespace prefix you use for the document element... ... serialise objects and send to a Biztalk webservice is not sufficient to do ... target namespace and prefix, but cannot actually produce something with a ... Does anyone know of other techniques? ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Change Namespace Prefix
    ... You will have to implement custom pipeline component if you really need to do this. ... Why does the application require you to set prefix to sm? ... >other) to change the namespace prefix of an outbound message? ... >I am interested in how to do this in BizTalk, but I would also be interested ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: target namespace
    ... the prefix you give to the namespace manager is simply the prefix *you* will use in the code. ... A similar workaround is provided at ... A general parser should handle "ns1" or whatever prefix set by Biztalk ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: target namespace
    ... I still fail to initially find out the prefix of a given XML file. ... A similar workaround is provided at ... A general parser should handle "ns1" or whatever prefix set by Biztalk ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: RequestElementName is being changed
    ... > For XML Webservice, the request/response document is a standard xml ... The prefix you mentioned just actually called namespace prefix ... > So for your scenario, if your concern is only the namespace prefix, I ... AFAIK Axis works using the WSDL, SOAP, XSD, XML standards (WS ...