Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy

Re: Need help on Adapter Framework

From: Adam Tompkins (adam)
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 09:46:55 -0600

No, haven't used it - I just used the BTS SDK.

There's not very much documentation out there. I know that more is planned
but it's not yet ready.

As far as the error is concerned:

When you add generated items to an orchestration, a service organization
tree is created from an XML file. BTS queries the design-time component of
the adapter and calls GetServiceOrganization to get the XML (which is
typically an embedded resource). If no XML is returned then this error
occurs.

Take a look at the design-time component of the SDK FileAdapter sample. The
XML file is named CategorySchema.xml. Presumably you need to find the
equivalent in the GOTDOTNET sample.

 - Adam

"Narasimha" <ngmujumdar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Adam,
>
> Thanks a lot, indeed i later downloaded the latest help and it contained
the section 'Developing Custom Adapter'.
> I was trying to follow a simpler path, GotDotNet lists a project called
'GenericAdapterFramework'. have you used it? or do you know someone who has
used it? I was trying to use that and When i say "Add generated Items->Add
Adpater, Select StaticGenericAdpater, pick a recieve location and click
Next". I get the following error :
> "No service organiztaion tree. The adapter returned a null value".
>
> Do you have any info why this error can occur?
>
> I agree the msdn will be helpful for me, further do you have any other
resources on building custom adapters?

> Thanks in advance
> Narasimha G. M.
>

> ----- Adam Tompkins wrote: -----
>
> Have you read the BizTalk documentation?
>
> There's a complete topic named 'Developing Adapters Using the Adapter
> Framework' in the SDK section. Use that in conjunction with SDK
samples and
> you should have enough information to write an adapter. It certainly
covers
> all the points you mentioned.
>
> Make sure you have downloaded the very latest documentation from the
MS
> website.
>
> - Adam
>

> "Narasimha" <ngmujumdar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >> I am novice in BizTalk 2004, I have to develop a custom adapter
which
> interacts with TIBCO Rendezvous.
> > I was not able to find much documentation on Adapter Framework
apart from
> the samples. Can any one
> > point me detailed documentation on:
> > * How to write custom adapaters
> > * How to build
> > * And importantly how to deploy
> >> So, **Apart from the sample, if there is any *detailed info on
writing
> custom adapters and deploying them*, please do send me/mail me the
info
> >> You can contact me at:
> > ngmujumdar@hotmail.com
> >> Thanks in advance
> > Narasimha G. M.

Home > Archive > BizTalk > microsoft.public.biztalk.general > 2004-06   Shop / Science   Privacy
This document was last modified: 06/02/04 02:07 CEST
We are proud to be hosted by
9 Net Avenue Deutschland