RE: http://Connect doesn't show existing profiles for merging

All it shows is administrator... I can't see the user account. I tried with
fast user switching on and off, same result.

"Juhis77" wrote:

At control panel go to user accounts. Enable "Use welcome screen". That
should do the trick.

"KooL-IP" wrote:

I'm trying to use the "connect computer" utility that comes with Small
Business Server 2008. I browse to http://connect and click to download and
run Launcher.exe; this starts a wizard that gets me to the screen where I
should be able to select an existing profile to preserve the users data and
settings from their workgroup computer and merge it into the new domain
account... resulting in less impact to each user on the new network.

At this screen, there is no existing profiles listed... the drop down box
just says "none"

I'm stuck with what I should do to enable me to select a profile. I know
how to do it manually, but I'd prefer not to as there are a quite a few
desktops.

Thanks,

  • RE: Windows cannot load the local profile
    ... user account logon to the specific client computer. ... This problem may relate to the corrupted profile. ... Select the problematic user account, click Copy to button to back the ... click to check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: mydocuments missing after logff logon sbs2003 win xp
    ... another domain user account, and logon another client computer with this ... I think this user profile on this ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Move users account from one machine to another
    ... ADMT cannot migrate user profile and accounts from workstation to ... You can also use USMT to migrate user profiles, however, not including the ... About migrate the user account and the password in workgroup environment, ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ...
  • Re: Move users account from one machine to another
    ... ADMT cannot migrate user profile and accounts from workstation to ... You can also use USMT to migrate user profiles, however, not including the ... About migrate the user account and the password in workgroup environment, ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ...
  • RE: I cannot rename a user account
    ... rename user accounts ... profile with the old user account. ... Give the old user full control NTFS permissions of the new profile (and ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)