Re: POP3 Connector, maildrop ready, not downloading email

Sounds like it might be a corrupt email message. Look in the following
location and delete or move any messages found there:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Networking\POP3\Incoming Mail

If no messages are there, try accessing your 3rd party hoster webmail site
and delete the oldest (or maybe several of the oldest) messages. (It may be
best to move them to the webmail account's trash bin to be processed later).
Then see if the remaining messages can be downloaded by the POP3 Connector.
This is trial and error, so you may have to perform this procedure several
times until you find the offending email message.

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

"hugo" <hugo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Been trying to figure this out for hours - not getting anywhere with this
one - any help would be greatly appreciated.

SBS 2003 SP2 been running for almost 2 years no problem with the same
catchall email account in the POP3 connector settings. A few days ago the
POP3 connector stopped working altogether. Nothing had been done to the
server, no reboot, no new windows updates (all up to date) and no
configuration changes to anything.

Changed the logging level for the POP3 Connector Manager to maximum which
revealed a few things. It couldn't find the email server, fixed
(temporarily
by adding an entry in the hosts file), but still no email.

Used telnet to connect to the mail server, no problem, can see how many
messages are there. Setup outlook express on the server, no problem, can
download all the email.

The event log has the following entries when it check for email:

Type: Event ID: Description:
Information 1005 A schedule event started.
Information 1017 The message downloading process started.
Information 1013 MS Connector for POP3 Mailboxes is attempting
to connect to the internet in order to access POP3 Mailboxes
Information 1011 Download Manager will try to download
messages
from up to 2 mailboxes simultaneously.
Information 1042 Delivery Manager has started to monitor the
Incoming Mail queue for messages to be delivered to Exchange user
accounts.
Information 1032 The POP3 agent will open the mailbox
<accountID[popserver.site.com]> on port 110.
Information 1027 The POP3 server (mailbox
<popserver.site.com[AccountID]>) responded to the Microsoft Connector for
POP3 Mailboxes connection with: <+OK hello from popserver.site.com>.
Error 1019 The message download process finished with
one or more errors.
Information 1028 Access was granted to the mailbox
<popserver.site.com> logging on as <AccountID>.
Information 1031 There are 113 message(s) with a total of
7240228
byte(s) for mailbox <popserver.site.com [AccountID]>.

Information 1030
The POP3 session transcript for mailbox <popserver.site.com [AccountID]>
was:
<S>: +OK hello from popserver.site.com
<C>: USER AccountID
<S>: +OK password required.
<C>: PASS <secret password>
<S>: +OK maildrop ready, 113 messages (7240228 octets) (12619316)
<C>: STAT
<S>: +OK 113 7240228
<C>: {Downloaded and deleted messages if neccessary}
<C>: QUIT
<S>: +OK server signing off.

Error 1023 The downloading process for mailbox
<AccountID[popserver.site.com]> was ended with one or more errors.
Information 1047 The delivery process finished successfully.

I can't understand why the POP3 connector is making a sucessful connection
to the mail server, asks it how many emails are waiting then terminates
the
connection?

Would could possibly stop it retreiving the email?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions given, hugo

  • Re: pop3 connetion manager
    ... On the SBS server, click Start, click Run, type "regedit" (without the ... Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ... Run CEICW to reconfigure the POP3 connector. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Still unable to send email to the same domain as me.
    ... ntlworld.com emails to download from their mail server at ... I think this is because the exchange server is trying to send the email ... internally rather than to the internet to my isp's mail server which is ... on the ISP mail server when using pop3 connector to receive emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Still unable to send email to the same domain as me.
    ... ntlworld.com emails to download from their mail server at ... I think this is because the exchange server is trying to send the email ... internally rather than to the internet to my isp's mail server which is ... on the ISP mail server when using pop3 connector to receive emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 POP3 issue with Imbdlvr.exe hanging
    ... I understand that you POP3 connector stop ... To successfully install SBS 2003 SP1, ... Downloading and Installing Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Netdiag erros- WINS names is missing and You dont have a single interface with the <00>
    ... The server with the issue is a Windows> 2003 Enterprise server running within a Windows 2000 domain. ... >> 4) You can ping the Domain Controllers from your mail server by both simple>> and FQDN ... >> should set your internal DNS to contain only your Zones and>> then set the server to forward all other searches to the external Address. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)