RE: http://Connect doesn't show existing profiles for merging

At control panel go to user accounts. Enable "Use welcome screen". That
should do the trick.

"KooL-IP" wrote:

I'm trying to use the "connect computer" utility that comes with Small
Business Server 2008. I browse to http://connect and click to download and
run Launcher.exe; this starts a wizard that gets me to the screen where I
should be able to select an existing profile to preserve the users data and
settings from their workgroup computer and merge it into the new domain
account... resulting in less impact to each user on the new network.

At this screen, there is no existing profiles listed... the drop down box
just says "none"

I'm stuck with what I should do to enable me to select a profile. I know
how to do it manually, but I'd prefer not to as there are a quite a few
desktops.

Thanks,

  • RE: Roaming Profiles
    ... in regards to user accounts is the domain name. ... Everyone need to have Full Control. ... On the users individual profile folder, ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Where to set roaming profiles for ALL users?
    ... in regards to user accounts is the domain name. ... Everyone need to have Full Control. ... On the users individual profile folder, ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Roaming Profiles
    ... in regards to user accounts is the domain name. ... Everyone need to have Full Control. ... On the users individual profile folder, ... Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • http://Connect doesnt show existing profiles for merging
    ... Business Server 2008. ... I browse to http://connect and click to download and ... should be able to select an existing profile to preserve the users data and ... I'm stuck with what I should do to enable me to select a profile. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Profile wont roam
    ... On a Windows XP client computer, a user fails to populate the modification ... to the profile folder saved on the file server. ... time when they have roaming profiles. ... you logon to this computer with other user accounts with the roaming ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)