Re: Evaluation of SBS 2008

Thanks for your prompt reply

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

Support for sbs 2008 is at:

microsoft.connect.windows.server.sbs08

That said, I forget how to get there--if you go to the SBS home page at
www.microsoft.com, I believe it explains how to get to the support group
either via http or nntp.

There are also links to downloading the evaluation copy.
http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/demos.aspx

As to running it on a 32-bit platform, I think not. I've seen some
discussion about running it under VMware--I believe it has to be on a 64 bit
processor (but you can be running a 32-bit version of Windows on that 64-bit
processor.)--but I doubt I have the details right at all.

What I've done is run the 64 bit code--both server 2008 and sbs 2008 on a
reasonably high spec'd workstation--in my case quad core Intel processors
with 4 gigs of ram and a reasonable sized disk--I believe they want 60 gigs
for the partition. At home, I used a third party product to shrink the
partition running Vista on such a machine to leave 100 gigs free, and
installed SBS 2008 into that partition.

There is an available "click-through" demo which can be run on a 32-bit
workstation. That should be easily found through the SBS home page as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/default.aspx

--

"lmg" <lmg2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I understand that Small business Server 2008 has only been released on a
64bit platform. Could I install an evaluation copy on a 32bit platform
purely
for testing purposes? I'm aware that this can be done for Exchange Server
2007.

If this can be achieved, where can I download an evaluation copy?

Regards

  • Re: Evaluation of SBS 2008
    ... I forget how to get there--if you go to the SBS home page at ... reasonably high spec'd workstation--in my case quad core Intel processors ... with 4 gigs of ram and a reasonable sized disk--I believe they want 60 gigs ... for the partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)