Re: Evaluation of SBS 2008

Support for sbs 2008 is at:

microsoft.connect.windows.server.sbs08

That said, I forget how to get there--if you go to the SBS home page at www.microsoft.com, I believe it explains how to get to the support group either via http or nntp.

There are also links to downloading the evaluation copy.
http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/demos.aspx

As to running it on a 32-bit platform, I think not. I've seen some discussion about running it under VMware--I believe it has to be on a 64 bit processor (but you can be running a 32-bit version of Windows on that 64-bit processor.)--but I doubt I have the details right at all.

What I've done is run the 64 bit code--both server 2008 and sbs 2008 on a reasonably high spec'd workstation--in my case quad core Intel processors with 4 gigs of ram and a reasonable sized disk--I believe they want 60 gigs for the partition. At home, I used a third party product to shrink the partition running Vista on such a machine to leave 100 gigs free, and installed SBS 2008 into that partition.

There is an available "click-through" demo which can be run on a 32-bit workstation. That should be easily found through the SBS home page as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/default.aspx

--

"lmg" <lmg2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:471C0EB9-3D3A-45C3-8C12-F224CCF8B129@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I understand that Small business Server 2008 has only been released on a
64bit platform. Could I install an evaluation copy on a 32bit platform purely
for testing purposes? I'm aware that this can be done for Exchange Server
2007.

If this can be achieved, where can I download an evaluation copy?

Regards

  • Re: Creating server images
    ... Paragon creates an image of my OS partition every day at 10:00 (my LoungeAN ... I also use SBS Backup 'coz I know it works. ... MS do not 'support' the use of imaging ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Errors during SBS 2003 SP1 Installation
    ... The SBS installation wizard allows the program ... Please understand that in SBS 2K3, we do not support separate Program ... - partition for OS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Which Fax Modem?
    ... I was unaware that MS Fax did not support V.34 ... Everything external modem, ... regarding how well your IQ Express works with SBS 2003. ... Windows Server 2003, upon which SBS 2003 is based, but sometimes SBS has ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA Proxy Failure
    ... The problem was solved by Chris Puckett at SBS Texas. ... the newsgroups are staffed weekdays by Microsoft Support professionals to ... Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada. ... | me I do not have ISA 2004 installed. ...