Re: Two ISPs

You will likely get more eyes, and therefore more response in the SBS 2003 NG.

It is easier to use the public newsgroups in an NNTP newsreader, such as Windows Mail or Outlook Express.

For SBS 2003, post in:

microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs

-Larry

"bw" <bw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:EAE3E5D7-04E2-43CA-94CE-F4F78D4F69D1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Multihoming in General Small Business Topics | | Help

bw 11/12/2021 9:52 AM PST

Question

Question

Hi

Our company has two ISPs. (ISP A - ATX T-1 512 Bandwidth) (ISP B - DSL). I
would like to set them up for load balancing and backup. Our Exchange server
and VPN is configured with ISP A. ISP A also maintains our managed firewall.
We recieve Internet access through ISP A's router. ISP B we have just
contracted. I have tried to connecting it to a linksys router RV082 but the
systems seemed to get messed up and didn't understand what gateway to use.

My question is, can I take the ISP A Internet Connection and connect it to
the
SBS second network adapter. Then take the ISP B and connected it to
the RV082 for users to connect to our clients, and peruse the Internet. If
so is there anything special I need to do. We do have static IP’s from both
ISP’s.

This is a short version of my configuration.
1. SBS2003R2
a. Two Nic’s
b. DHCP
c. DNS
d. Exchange
e. VPN
f. Web Based Application

2. Citrix server

3. Web Server

4. ISP A – ATX Partial T-1 (512 KB)
a. Isp Controlled Firewall
5. ISP B – Verizon DSL
6. RV082 Linksys Router
7. Managed switch

All help is appreciated.

Thank you,
bw

PS: This is my third try to post this question. If this is not the correct
post please let me know where I should post it.

  • Re: Email set-up
    ... What type of public IP address is provided by the client's broadband ... magma.ca and coverme.com - either directly or through a friendly ISP ... both of these needs to be changed to point to the public IP of the SBS. ... Exchange may actually be fairly easy. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange - Internal to External Routing Issue for abc.local and abc.net
    ... Why not have Tony pick up his email from the SBS (Exchange), ... He can use Outlook Web Access, Outlook over the Internet ... Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] ... interface at the ISP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Setup ADSL network to use SBS
    ... I have a Static IP and my ISP has told me my ... ADSL modem so SBS can do the routing and firewall functions? ... on the 'Required Information for Connecting to the Internet' ... DNS forwarding, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exchange not retrieving email (POP3 Connector)
    ... I'd certainly urge you to switch to incoming SMTP. ... about the workstation Windows firewall or on the SBS itself (and do you have ... Seems as though the last email I sent to my ISP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Web Workplace---ISP concerns?
    ... I have setup these services, and opened ports 80 and 443 in our company firewall, and forwarded incoming requests to our SBS server. ... I have tried this from home, by going to Internet Explorer and the external IP address that our ISP has assigned to us, and I am able to access RWW just fine. ... I also need a DNS name to apply a server certificate, so that users don't get the "problem with website's certificate" warning when they connect to my company's SBS Remote Web Workplace from their home computers. ... there are tons of Small Business Servers out there in the world. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)